DEFENCE - Organizations
As it is written on the national portal of India: "A career in defence forces promises one of the most prestigious and respected positions in the country". It certainly is true, If you are after a job that provides an overall growth to your personality and life, you must consider a defence job in India.
There are many ways to join Defence forces in India. Here we will discuss all of them briefly.
Indian Army Defence Jobs:
The land-based branch of Indian Armed Forces. It is the 2nd largest standing army in the world, with around 1.25 active troops and 960K reserve troops. Being it so large, it is obvious that it is one of the biggest job opportunity in Defence jobs in India.
There are basically two types of jobs one can get in Indian Army. The first one is joining it as a Sepoy and second one is joining as Lieutenant.
- Joining as a Sepoy: There are various grades in Sepoy as well. One can join Indian Army through Army Rallies being organized throughout India.
- Joining Indian Army as a Lieutenant: A Lieutenant's post in Indian Army is one of the most prestigious jobs in Defence. One can get the post by clearing National Defence Academy (NDA), 10+2 Tech, NCC Special Entry, JAG (Men Women), UES, TGC, Short Sevice Commission, Indian Military Academy, CDS etc.
Indian Navy Defence Jobs:
There are three types of defence jobs in Indian Navy. First one is Officers, second is Sailors and the third one is as Civilian job.
Officers Job in Indian Navy:
Candidates can join Indian Navy for Defence jobs through following three schemes:
- UPSC conducted NDA, CDS Exam or NCC Entry
- Direct Entry Permanent Commission / Short Service Commission (DEPC/DESSC)
- University Entry Scheme (UES)
- Sailors Job in Indian Navy: The defence organization conducts various entries in the Indian Navy such as Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR), Matric Recruit (MR), Musician (MUS), Sports Entry and Artificer Apprentices (AA). Candidates need to pass a written exam and clearing upon that they go through a physical and medical test. Then the merit list is issued.
- Joining Indian Navy as Civilian: There are three trades that can be joined as a civilian, the trades are Tradesman Mate (TMM), Chargeman (Mechanic) and Chargeman (Ammunition Explosive).
Indian Air Force Defence Jobs:
One can join the Indian Air Force in two ways, the first one is an Officer and the Second one is as an Airman.
Join IAF as Officer:
If you want to work with pride and touch the sky with glory, join IAF. One can join IAF defence job in any of the following branches.
- Join Flying Branch of IAF: If you are one of those who dreamt to become a pilot. In flying branch, you will be trained as a Fighter Pilot or a Helicopter Pilot or a Transport Pilot.
- Join as Officer in Ground Duty (Technical) Branch: As an officer in the Ground Duty one manages a team to ensure that the Indian Air Force remains airworthy. Based on the candidates' qualification they are given a sub-branch of a technical branch.
- Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branch: As an officer in this branch one manages human and material resources.
Join IAF as Airman:
It is a huge opportunity for many to join the Defence job of Indian Air Force as Airmen. Eligible 10+2 qualified candidates can write the entrance exam and join the IAF as Airmen in Group X or Group Y.
- Airmen Group X: There various technical trades such as Automobile Fitter, Electronics Fitter, Electrical Fitter, Mechanical System Fitter, Structures Fitter, Propulsion FitterWorkshop Fitter, Workshop Fitter and Weapon Fitter. Whereas in the non-technical group is an Education Instructor trade that one can join.
- Airmen Group Y: In technical group of group Y there are two trades which are Communication Technician and Automobile Technician whereas in non-technical group there are various trades like Admin Assistant, Accts Assistant, Medical Assistant, Logistics Assistant, Environment Support Services Assistant, Ops Assistant, Meteorological Assistant, Ground Training Assistant, IAF Police, IAF Security and Musician.
Defence Jobs in Directorate General Armed Force Medical Services (DGAFMS):
If you are into medical and want to serve in Defence forces be it Armed, Air or Naval, you can serve them through DGAFMS. It is an integrated medical service to all three forces. One can achieve higher posts like Lt Gen / Vice Admiral / Air Marshal in DGAFMS.
Defence Jobs in Indian Coast Guard:
If you want an adventurous life and serve the nation, this one can be an amazing career option as an officer in Indian Coast Guard. There are a variety of posts in Indian Coast Guard, some of them are Navik, Store Keeper, Foreman, MTS, Lascar, Engine Driver, Yantrik etc.
Defence Jobs in Paramilitary Forces:
There are two paramilitary forces, first one is The Assam Rifles which is the oldest paramilitary force of India and then there is The Special Frontier Force which was created to conduct covert operations behind Chinese lines in the event of another Sino-Indian War. If you are an Indian citizen and looking for defence jobs Paramilitary Forces are one solid platform.
Defence Jobs in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs):
The following five defence forces which were considered paramilitary forces before 2011, later reclassified as Central Armed Police Forces, they are in control of Ministry of Home Affairs. (We've provided the upcoming defence jobs 2020-21 links with all the defence organizations).
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Jobs:
Similar to other defence forces, CRPF also offers a variety of jobs to serve the nation. If you are looking for defence jobs in CRPF, you should keep the track latest recruitment notification. CRPF Recruitment 2020
Border Security Force (BSF):
One can join BSF on posts like Assistant Commandant, SI, HC, Capt/Pilot, Constable, Inspector, JE etc. Join BSF - BSF Recruitment 2020
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP):
ITBP is one of the toughest defence services. If you are an adventurous person, you can join ITBP on the posts like Constable, SI, HC, Asst Commandant (Engineer), Medical Officer, Veterinary Officers, Motor Mechanic and many more. ITBP Jobs 2020
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF):The CISF provides security cover to industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India. One can join CISF on the posts like Head Constable, Assistant Sub Inspector, Inspector, Fireman, Tradesman etc. - Join CISF
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB):
With more 75K active personnel SSB is serving the nation by keeping its border areas safe from neighbouring countries. The personnel are appointed through competitive exams conducted by UPSC and SSC. You can join SSB on a variety of posts such as Constable, SI, Commandant etc - Join SSB More Defence / Investigation Agencies under the Ministry of Home Affairs:
State Police Jobs:
Other than central defence organizations there are enough defence jobs opportunities on the state level as well. Most of the defence jobs under a state government are in State Police departments. Every Indian state has its own State Police. Most of the state police departments conduct competitive exams by themselves and appoint the candidates and some uses subordinate selection commission to appoint the police staff. Listing of all state Police jobs pages.
- Andhra Pradesh Police Recruitment
- Arunachal Pradesh Police Recruitment
- Assam Police Recruitment
- Bihar Police Recruitment
- Chhattisgarh Police Recruitment
- Goa Police Recruitment
- Gujarat Police Recruitment
- Haryana Police Recruitment - Through HSSC
- Himachal Pradesh Police Recruitment
- Jammu and Kashmir Police Recruitment
- Jharkhand Police Recruitment
- Karnataka Police Recruitment
- Kerala Police Recruitment
- Madhya Pradesh Police Recruitment
- Maharashtra Police Recruitment
- Manipur Police Recruitment - Through MPSC Manipur
- Meghalaya Police Recruitment
- Mizoram Police Recruitment - through Mizoram PSC
- Nagaland Police Recruitment - through NPSC
- Odisha Police Jobs
- Punjab Police Recruitment - through PPSC
- Rajasthan Police Recruitment
- Sikkim Police Recruitment
- Tamil Nadu Police Recruitment
- Telangana State Police Recruitment
- Tripura Police Recruitment
- Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment
- Uttarakhand Police Recruitment - through UKPSC
- West Bengal Police Recruitment